Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teach me your ways....

Hello friends! 


     So my SIL asked in the previous post how I achieved my particular layout. Well of course it is nothing fancy... I am after all a beginner, novice, noob... (I cannot stress how new at this blog thing I am). I would have a much more generic looking blog if it weren't for other awesome bloggers that post great tips for how to make blogs look better! A wonderful example is Clover Lane where I found the tutorial on making my awesome banner in Picasa!


     So I am going to attempt my very own tutorial blog for adjusting the layout on blogspot! Of course this may not be the right or fastest way of changing the layout, it is just how I do it. :)

First, make sure you are logged into the blog you want to adjust (DUH!) ;) The two sections I use to adjust my layout are the layout tab and the template tab. 


 First click on the Template tab on the left column. It will look something like that with a Live on Blog and Mobile image. Click on the orange "Customize" button under the Live on Blog image.


 It will look like your current blog with a giant tab open at the top. Inside this giant tab click the Layout button in the left hand column. 


 This should show up in your tab. Lucky you, Bri, you get to see my settings! ;) This is where you get to play. Make sure you click the orange Apply to Blog button in the upper right hand corner when you find something you like! Also you can click the blue hyperlink to Veiw Blog and it will open in a new window to allow you to see what they layout looks like full screen.

Though my post is not about this, this tab will also allow you to expand the size of your blog so it doesn't look so scrunched up on the page. That is under Adjust Widths.

When you have found the layout you like the most, click Apply to Blog and then click the Back to Blogger blue hyperlink button in the upper right hand corner. 

You can then click on the Layout button in the Left column and move your add-ons around or add more! 

It is that simple!! Good luck, can't wait to see what you have done with your blog! Please comment and leave me the URL so I can go check it out! 

Your beginning blogger friend,

Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment